Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Venus, The Moon, Earthshine…UFO?

Considering the frequency that I point my camera to the sky, I’m bound to get something in the picture that doesn’t seem to belong. This morning I was out photographing Venus and the moon (along with some “earthshine” on the moon). The sky was crystal clear which made for some nice shots. But when I opened the files to look at the photos, one of them appeared to have a smudge on it. I zoomed in to see what got in the way, and, well, I am not quite sure what it is. My best guess is that it was a high flying bird that flew into the camera’s field of view, but it’s just more fun to call it a UFO.

The Moon, with Venus to the upper right


The Moon and "Earthshine"

The "UFO" - probably a bird


A little close up




All Content © Chris A. Zimmer and chriszimmer.blogspot.com

Check out my blog home page for the latest information, chriszimmer.blogspot.com, here.

No comments: