Friday, May 29, 2009

Rhododendron, Azaleas in Bloom

Over the last two weeks I’ve spent some time photographing the blooming rhododendron and azalea bushes in our yard. (I also threw in some pics of our flowering snowball bushes – even when it’s not winter here we have to have some snowballs around.) All those years of planting various flowering shrubs have paid off with some beautiful colors. My only disappointment is my “blue baron” rhododendron. It has struggled since I planted it several years ago and it never bloomed this year. It may not be happy with where I put it and I may attempt to transplant it. Here are a few of the photos of our rhododendron (dark purple, light purple, and hot pink), azalea (hot pink and white), the Chinese azalea (orange), and the snowballs (which are, of course, white!). 

 

Snowballs
Dark purple rhododendron
Light purple rhododendron (they look pink right now)
Hot pink rhododendron
Hot pink rhododendron, complete with bumble bee
Chinese azalea
White azalea
Hot pink azalea
All Content © Chris A. Zimmer and chriszimmer.blogspot.com Check out my blog home page for the latest information, chriszimmer.blogspot.com, here.

No comments: