Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sparrow In An Icy Landscape

I’m finally getting caught up on some photos taken in December. When we visited Edgewater Park a few weeks ago to take photos of Cleveland’s West Harbor lighthouse encased in ice (see “Cleveland Lighthouse Becomes an Ice Castle”), I also tried to photograph a few sparrows hanging out on the ice formations on the shore. I managed to photograph one sparrow as it attempted to land on the odd icy “structures” created by spray from Lake Erie onto the grasses and shrubs on the shoreline. Here are the photos – one with the ice in full view, the other highlighting the bird still in flight. I don't think the bird was successful in landing on its first try. (Click on image for a larger view.)




All Content © Chris A. Zimmer and chriszimmer.blogspot.com


Check out my blog home page for the latest information, chriszimmer.blogspot.com, here.

No comments: