Friday, December 19, 2008

Snow, Sleet, Ice, Plus a Close Full Moon

This morning we had a mixed bag of weather. It started with snow, then moved to sleet, ice, and it is supposed to change over to rain later in the morning. I snapped a few shots as the precipitation was coming down as a sleety, icy mix. It looked like little sparkling diamonds, which made a pinging noise as it hit the surfaces. The pictures don't quite do it justice, as it's hard for the camera to pick up the sparkle. Later in the morning, ice began to form on the trees, so I added a few pictures of that as well.


I also forgot that I took a picture of the full moon that occurred on December 12, 2008. It was the closest and largest full moon of the year. It was also the closest and largest that the full moon has been since March 8, 1993. We won’t see a full moon this close again until November 14, 2016. My picture of the moon has a slight “glow” to it, as there was a very thin layer of high clouds in the sky at the time.







Check out my blog home page for the latest information, here.

No comments: