Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fall Colors and a Busy Sky

The fall colors have just exploded here within the last 48 hours, so I just had to run out and snap a few pictures of some of the trees and shrubs in the yard as they change color. There was also an interesting mackerel sky; rain is less than a day away. While I was out taking photos, the local medical “life flight” helicopter flew overhead. I also was treated to a noisy group of crows – which is called a “murder” of crows. There were about 15 crows in all, but a few of them very briefly flew in a circle with one crow in the center. One of them split off from the circle right before I got my camera on them and took the picture. They were quite entertaining as they swooped and cawed loudly. It’s amazing what one can see in just 10 minutes in one’s own back yard!












All Content © Chris A. Zimmer and chriszimmer.blogspot.com


Check out my blog home page for the latest information, chriszimmer.blogspot.com, here.

No comments: