Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Squire’s Castle, Revisited

Almost every fall, I like to visit Squire’s Castle in the North Chagrin Reservation in Willoughby Hills, Ohio. It’s not really a castle; it is the shell of a gatehouse built at the turn of the 20th century for a large country estate planned by Feargus Squire, one of the founders of the Standard Oil Company in the late 1800s. (The estate was never built.)

It’s a great area to visit for fall colors or for a nice walk on the grounds and on the trails if you are so inclined. Here are my latest photos. (Click on any photo for a larger view.)











All Content © Chris A. Zimmer and chriszimmer.blogspot.com


Check out my blog home page for the latest information, chriszimmer.blogspot.com, here.

2 comments:

Sara said...

What gorgeous scenery Chris. Reminds me a lot of Houston, NOT! What a lovely blog as well. I was unaware that you had this one.

Your photos are wonderful. What type of camera are you using if you don't mind me asking, a point and shoot or a digital SLR?

Chris Zimmer said...

I usually don't post my personal blog stuff on my L&O twitter page, but I just felt like shaking things up today.

Those pics were taken with a Nikon SLR, but I've also had very good results with a Nikon point and shoot camera as well. The pics I posted on the blog are reduced so they are at low resolution, but the full resolution shots look a lot better. Of course, it's hard to get a bad shot when the scenery is so nice!

Thanks for stopping by Sara!