Thursday, September 16, 2010

A White Breasted Nuthatch in the Classic Pose

We have quite a few white breasted nuthatches that visit our yard and our feeder, but they usually don’t stay still long enough for me to photograph them. I got lucky the other day, though, when I walked outside with my camera and realized I had forgotten to fill the bird feeder that morning. Immediately after filling the feeder, I stepped back a few feet and a nuthatch descended from the upper branches of the tree and stopped not far from where I was standing, and held its classic downward pose long enough for me to get this shot. I am sure it was just waiting for me to leave.




All Content © Chris A. Zimmer and chriszimmer.blogspot.com


Check out my blog home page for the latest information, chriszimmer.blogspot.com, here.

No comments: