Monday, March 5, 2012

Train at Railroad Crossing Mentor Ohio (Video)

While stopped at a railroad crossing yesterday, I thought I would pass the time by recording the train as it traveled by. The location is Station Street (westbound) in Mentor Ohio.

This location was the scene of a huge train derailment in 1905 (the 20th Century Limited). I recall another train derailment in more recent history – sometime around the 1980s or 1990s (I can't find the exact date). There was also another large derailment about 2 miles east of this location in 2007.  Needless to say, when I get stopped anywhere near one of the  railroad crossings in Mentor, I always try to keep my distance...



All Content © Chris A. Zimmer and chriszimmer.blogspot.com

Check out my blog home page for the latest information, chriszimmer.blogspot.com, here.


No comments: