Friday, November 2, 2007

Weather Photos

I've always enjoyed taking pictures. One of my favorite subjects is weather phenomenon. The only problem - weather is one of those things where you have to be in the right place at the right time to get the right shot.

I was going through some older photos the other day and decided to collect all my weather photos in one place. I actually found a few decent shots that I thought I'd share. Here they are!


This photo of a shelf cloud was taken in Sioux Falls, SD in 2003. We were on our way to Yellowstone and happened to catch this storm passing through from our hotel window.









This huge thunderhead was taken during the return trip from Yellowstone, in Rapid City, SD. It was a hude storm that we had heard had eventually spawned a tornado.


Lightning photos are my favorite, but they can be hard to catch. One needs a safe place and a good, open view. This one was taken with an older digital camera that allowed for very long exposures.




This one was taken in August of 1995 with my 35mm film camera. I think I exposed it for about one minute to get all these lightning strikes.

This bubbling cloud was taken in July of 2007. A huge storm formed east of us in Ashtabula County, OH., as the sun was low in the sky. As a result, the clouds have a yellow glow.









Enjoy!





Check out my blog home page for the latest information,
HERE!

No comments: