Friday, April 10, 2009

A Deer Snacks At The Birdfeeder

We have a small pack of deer that make the rounds of the neighborhood, stopping by the yard during the dawn or dusk hours once a week or so. They may come around more often during the night, as sometimes we see their telltale tracks in the yard in the winter after a snow.

This morning, when I went outside to photograph an unusually flaming pink sunrise sky, I was surprised to find a few deer already in the yard, one of them brazenly snacking on bird feed from the birdfeeder. And that deer didn’t seem to care that I was there, continuing to try to extract as much seed as it could. It didn’t walk off until another deer walked from around the side of the house and let out a barking sound. Despite the fact the deer at the feeder looked at me several times and saw me come close, it didn’t flinch until that other deer seemed to scold or warn it. That was fine with me, because I was getting ready to shoo them away anyway.




Check out my blog home page for the latest information, chriszimmer.blogspot.com, here.

No comments: