Saturday, April 11, 2009

Birdwatching at Veterans Park, Mentor Ohio

I decided to take a walk in Veterans Park (Mentor, Ohio) to see if any new birds have arrived in the area. It was a cool and somewhat gray early spring morning; as a result there weren’t too many people around. I saw a few Loons, Red-breasted Mergansers, Mallards, Canada Geese, Redheads (ducks, not woodpeckers), a Rusty Blackbird, and Red-winged Blackbirds. Some of the birds got close enough for some nice photos. There were also plenty of woodpeckers, cardinals, robins, plus a few birds that I could hear but could not see. Unfortunately the loons were being very anti-social, and remained at a far end of one of the ponds where the trail – and my camera lens – could not reach.

Check out my blog home page for the latest information, chriszimmer.blogspot.com, here.

No comments: